Monday, May 16, 2011

Paging Sexy Librabrian.

So I think it's time I finally give into the truth.

I need glasses. After months of avoiding reading because I develop headaches after one chapter, or getting picked on for squinting all the time it has taken my new position with the newspaper for me to finally admit I need to get my eyes checked.

For the past week I have been squinting at the computer screen (pretty much like I am right now) or at papers as I read them. Martha, the sweet lady at the desk across from me, has noticed it. And upon ranting to Meredyth about it she has brought it to my attention that I squint when I drive, when I'm focusing on something, when I cook, ect.

And thus I must accept my fate. I'm getting older. My love of books, watching TV in dark rooms and all things computer generated has destroyed my vision. My mother was right, it will ruin your eyes.

So this week I am going to get my eyes examined and am fully prepared to accept my four-eyed fate.

At least I look like a hot librarian when I wear glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment