Sunday, February 20, 2011

A New Face...

I decided to make a drastic change the other day...
for me this always means I change my hair... which I did.



TADA!!!!!
















It's been a really long time since I've had hair this red, and honestly I can't remember why I haven't colored it back to this shade long before now. I love it.

I call it Mad Men Red... Remember, I'm not bad... I'm just drawn that way ;)

















But the change I'm craving is far deeper than the roots of my hair.

The other night I nearly fainted at work. I lost all color in my cheeks, my chest throbbed and my vision began to tunnel. A friend made me sit down a second, and eat a breadstick. "When was the last time you ate?" she asked... I honestly couldn't recall.

On the way home that evening I had this disturbing taste in my mouth, as if I had been sucking on pennies. Copper metalic just lingering on my tongue and in my throat. That's when it dawned on me... My iron must be getting severely low.

I've always taken care of myself but I've never been very good at taking care of me... I can pay my bills and make sure my laundries done but when it comes to taking the time to make sure I eat right, exercise, get enough rest or even take the mental time I need to recharge I never know when or how to manage that and take care of everyone else.

Evelyn is getting bigger, she's more active and it takes more to keep up with her. If I'm going to work full time, and take care of her all alone I'm going to need to start taking better care of myself. And so I've been taking the proper steps to do that.

I'm not going to break down what I'm doing with minor details... but I will keep you all posted on my progress, whats working, whats not. Blogging is part of the change, giving myself a certain amount of time everyday to write rather it be trivial details on my day, or working on a larger project.

I've got a good feeling about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment