Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lonely Girl 101

I promised my return to my readers and I extend my apologies again for vanishing like I have. Between finalizing my separation from my soon-to-be (but not soon enough) ex husband and moving my daughter and myself into our own place things have been hectic. But I stand before you 10 pounds lighter, internet in tow, willing to share the intimate details of my life with you...

well, maybe not the intimate details... but close enough.

I recently had the epiphany that I am the stereotypical "lonely girl". I don't mean that in the sense that I am a female and I am lonely, but I seem to be ever man's "i'm lonely" fix these days.

Rather it be a failing marriage, long distance drama, a doomed relationship or a rebound every man I know rather it be an ex, a friend, or an acquaintance seems to call me only when they are lonely. Let me explain that not all of them try to get into my pants. Some just want me to stroke their egos. They flirt with friendly banter until their loneliness fades and then so do they.

I mean, when you think about it I married a man who only wanted me around when he was lonely.

What does that say about me?

I don't really know how it reflects on me. In some ways it makes me feel good because it means that I am someone people can come to when they are down and be cheered back up. I'm someone people can count on.

But on the other hand, it makes me feel a little like I'm just a momentary fix to an easily solved problem. Always the back up. That can kill the little bit of self-esteem my ten pounds dropped has provided.

I don't know. It's just something I've been thinking about. I guess you can call me Lonely Girl...

I sound like a pre-teen CW drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment