Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Love Letter

Dear Ani Difranco,

If I had one wish in the world it would be for an infinite number of other wishes. But once those wishes were granted to me I would wish that I could cuddle up like a little ball and live inside your mind. I realize the trauma and pain and difficulty that must have been endured in order to produce the poetic life-source you provide and that perhaps to witness the memory of these events wouldn’t quite be the holiday I would normally enjoy. But to be in your mind and see the way you think and develop ideas would be spine tingling.

I remember the first song I ever heard of yours. Grey… “As bad as I am I’m proud of the fact that I’m worse than I seem.”

Your brilliance has been a light to the undertow of my darkness.

I thank you.

A VERY loving fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment