Friday, December 3, 2010

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginnings End...

I've been restless for days. I feel the weight of life hovering over me, lingering with it's frigid smile. I've tried out running it, I've tried bribing it, I've even tried embracing it like an old friend. Every attempt is a waste of my fleeting energy.

I feel this need to peel back my flesh, layer by burnt layer, to get to the bare bone. I want to fall into a pool of truth, like a child being baptized.  I want it to wash over me, and seep into the cracks of my character like puddy, making me whole again.

I keep reminding myself that in the South, the bitter Winter wind never lasts too long. That soon, Spring will clothe me in it's warm sunshine and soft fragrance of hope and rebirth.

Maybe that's why I crave the clean slate of a new blog. A new beginning. A new start. If only I can stick with it, perhaps I can find salvation in between the curve of my R's or the upside down smile of every M I write.

Stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment