Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Challenges 2011

I've been reading a lot about people entering "challenges" today.

The 365 day challenge, a blog challenge which is exactly as it sounds.
The book a week challenge, which is also a challenge that is exactly as it sounds.
The morning pages challenge, a challenge in which a writer will partake in a routine of writing three pages every morning, as soon as you wake up.

These challenges all seem nice. These challenges all seem fun. These challenges appear to be gateways of avoidance.

I have to many other challenges to deal with right now.
The challenge of single parenthood.
The challenge of taking the final steps in my divorce.
The challenge of self-restraint (and trust me, it is DIFFICULT).

Oh the challenges we face. I'd love to let my muse take over the challenges for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment