Thursday, July 21, 2011

Milestones.

So today is the day. A big day. Who would have known that July 21 would feel so significant to me. It looks like any other day. The air is muggy due to the humidity. Lincoln County desperately needs the rain that we have been promised all week.

So what makes today so significant?

Well for one thing Evelyn turned 16 months old at 4:20 a.m. this morning.

Today also marks the 1 year anniversary of the day Rick moved out. I should feel relieved I suppose, the year of drama and anxiety and stress and exhaustion and harsh words and hard times and pure brokenness is almost over. We can officially file for our divorce, and hopefully with our conversation scheduled for Sunday night clear the air between us so we can move past our mutual animosity towards one another and get our focus back on what is important... Evelyn.

Regardless, I think I will allow myself to indulge in a little sadness today. And reflect. It's been a hard year. One of the most challenging I've had since 2007 when Gene passed away.

But I survived. Hell, I've prevailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment