Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I hope some day I can bend, as far as it takes to understand, and risk breaking open again...

Two nights ago I sat in the wee hours of the morning, twisting my hands together in anger. My neck was tense and my back ached with the fire that fueled me. I was hurt. I felt betrayed. And I could not breathe because the very presence of breath in my lungs twisted into the sickness in my stomach and just expanded like some kind of bad science project.

Last night I sat in the wee hours of the morning, twisting my hands together in fear. My neck was tense and my back ached with the gray numbness that filled me. I was shocked. I felt alone. And I could not breathe because the very presence of breath in my lungs twisted with the anxiety in my stomach and just expanded like some miss shaped cake.

Life changes in a moment. And suddenly, every thing comes into a clear perceptive. The things that weighed on you don't seem so heavy under the pressure of something worse. Something unalterable. Something that can not be fixed. A pain that will not fade in time. Something that someone can't "make up to you."

Nothing. Else. Mattered.

And so as I sat in the wee hours of the morning, twisting my hands together I wanted one thing... him there to steady them. Him there to ease the tension in my neck and wrap his arms around my back so that it no longer ached. I would feel safe. I would feel calm. And my breathe would steady into rhythm with his as sleep finally took over, like a fairy casting a spell on my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment