Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Little Slice of Heaven

I've been debating for a few days what all to write about my trip to Pensacola. I have been writing in a journal lately, so my blogging has been falling behind. Mainly because of the eyes that linger along these words compared to the eyes that linger on the other. I could go on and on about how beautiful the beach was, how delicious the food tasted, how wonderfully entertaining Rosie O'Grand's was or the million other things that made the trip relaxing, special and one of the most amazing experiences ever but when I look back on that weekend the things that stand out the most to me are... the way his eyes lit up when he jumped into the car and out of the rain when I picked him up at Corry Station, the sheer calmness of sitting on the beach, harmonizing Nickel Creek "Reason's Why", or his unbelievable ability to make me feel like I am one of the most special, beautiful women... a woman worthy of a man's effort. It's something I'm going to carry with me. Something that excites me, and breaks my heart all at the same time.

Just makes me wonder where I go from here. It's like Dorothy... leaving technicolor for black and white. Kansas will just never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment